Who links to me? the journal of a semi-insane man

Monday, March 19, 2007

gay day
Rodelen Paccial

If you were gay,
and we met on the street,
near the park,
where there are green trees,
and the breeze is cool,
and you said "Hi", and asked me how i was,
i'd tell you "I'm fine, and thank you",
and if i have some money,
i'd ask you to join me at the outdoor cafe
and have coffee,
where maybe,
on the street,
near the park,
where the green leaves can be seen,
sweeping the sky of its memories of rain,
you'll tell me about your summers,
and me, you, my research on sleeping disorders,
we'd part maybe,
after fifteen minutes,
after a handshake,
and a thought
of how pleasant this day has been.


this poem was a part of the intense discusion me and my friends had over the issues raised in the Isagani Cruz/ Manolo Quezon columns. It was a heated one to say the least and this poem didn't do its job with its message of tolerance towards those in the group who were for homosexuality. Oh well, the poem isn't half-bad i think.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Nice one. It seems to convey that moments, no matter how fleeting, can leave a lasting impression, if we look deep enough.